Kitchen Flooring Ideas and Planning
Choosing your new flooring can be overwhelming if you do not focus your search. Consider asking yourself the questions you find below in order to narrow down your flooring possibilities. You may even wish to print this page out for reference.
Shopping for Flooring:
Questions to Ask Yourself
What kind of subfloor do I have at this time? Will what is there currently have an impact on the new type of flooring I need to choose? Are there any special considerations I need to think about? Will I need to have hazardous materials, like asbestos, removed?
What type of floor do I like to walk on? What materials feel the best when I walk in bare feet?
Do I currently have a step to go from one room to the other? Would I like to remove that step and level my floor when I have my new flooring installed?
Am I interested in including a radiant heating system underneath my new flooring?
What color do I like for my new flooring? Do I like something that is a solid color or do I like patterns? Do I like something that includes complementary colors or natural finishes?
Do I have children or elderly family living in the house? Will I need to consider their safety with the new flooring?
Will spills and stains be a concern? Do I need to consider what water damage may do to my new flooring?
Be sure to reference our other kitchen planning resource pages listed below...
- Kitchen Design Questionnaire - Kitchen Design Ideas
- Kitchen Cooking Appliance Ideas and Planning
- Kitchen Sinks and Faucets Ideas and Planning
- Kitchen Countertops Ideas and Planning
- Kitchen Cooling Appliances Ideas and Planning
- Kitchen Area Washers and Dryers Ideas and Planning
- Kitchen Area Outdoor Appliance Ideas and Planning
- Kitchen Dishwasher Ideas and Planning